Clubs & Societies
Clubs & Societies
Grow by helping others.
Become a buddy
Your role as a Buddy is to:
Be friendly and open, have a good command of English
Initiate meetings, show the city, university and great places
Devote time for the Buddy program and international students during one semester
Be a good representative of the University
Contact an international student, write messages to him, keep in touch, even if your Buddy feels 'at home'
Attend a training workshop and take part in the Buddy events
Who is Buddy?
- Buddy is a friendly student who welcomes newcomers, provides help, keeps in touch and has fun;
- Buddy promotes University values and acts as a role model for freshers;
- Buddy conducts regular meetings with freshers to ensure their smooth adaptation to life at Innopolis University.
Buddy program aims to:
- help students to adapt to a new social and learning environment;
- promote non-formal education and extracurricular activities;
- increase motivation for studying and personal development among all members of IU community.
Who can participate?
Anyone who has a desire to contribute to above aims. This opportunity is open to all students.
For whom is this program?
For the 1
From the end of August until the end of December
Russian / English
to be on hand for students to help them to solve issues they encounter in the beginning of their journey at the IU
to organize individual and group meetings that are in line with Buddy Program aims
to submit short program reports
How will the program be conducted
Induction meeting & training
Group / individual meetings with students once in 1-2 weeks
Thank You Party
How group meetings with students are conducted?
- once in 1-2 weeks
- duration 30-90 minutes
- groups from 5 people and more
- free meeting format
- meeting topics and other essential support will be provided
How individual meetings are conducted?
- meetings happen upon request
- free meeting format on student's overall wellbeing or other matters addressed by a student
- discussion on mentorship aspects
- provision of guidelines
- monthly support meetings for buddies
- to play contributory role in creating positive, hospitable and friendly environment at IU;
- to develop communication, leadership and other useful skills;
- to get branded Buddy merchandise;
- to earn innopoints and Higher Scholarship points.
We really hope this program becomes a vital component of student adaptation process and that many of us can join our fantastic team of dedicated buddies!
Click here to apply
If you have any question regarding Buddy program please don't hesitate to message:
Room 319, 1, Universitetskaya St., Innopolis
Tatarstan Republic, Russia 420500
Feel free to write, call and visit us.
We really love to talk with our students!
Phone: +7 (843) 203-92-53 (ext. 176)